Saturday, January 8, 2011

Take Some Time for Yourself - National Bubble Bath Day Jan 8th

Did you know that January 8th is National Bubble Bath Day? If one of your New Year's resolutions is to take better care of yourself this year, today is a great time to get started! Taking a bubble bath is a great way to relax by yourself - something families with twins, triplets or more may not get much of.

When I was near the end of my pregnancy with the triplets, taking a bath was one of the few ways that I could relax and feel comfortable in my now much-larger frame. I gained 60 pounds and after being on modified at-home bed rest for two months, I was pretty achy. I would get into the bath and stay there until the water cooled, enjoying the relief from the (both literal and figurative!) pressure of growing three babies. When I was done, I would have to shout for my husband to come and help me get out of the tub. I was kind of like a giant, naked, wet turtle - once I was laying on my back, it was pretty much impossible for me to get up! We still laugh about that today.

You can create a bubble bath by either using foams or fizz. Bath foams create bubbles on top of the water, while bath fizzes create bubbles in the water. Check out these luxurious bath bombs which look just like ice cream by twin parent owned ME! Bath. The above picture is the Choco-holic Mini Bath Ice Cream, which sells for $16. Now you can enjoy chocolate without feeling guilty!

What are your favorite bubble bath memories? Do you have a funny story like mine - relaxing in the tub while you were pregnant? Or maybe you and your twin used to take baths together? Share your bubble bath stories below or on Facebook - and set a date for your own bubble bath tonight - it is a national holiday after all!

About ME! Bath: Twin mom Lisa Nissanoff loved taking baths at home, but was tired of the same routine every night. She envisioned a decadent bath and body line that could transform a mundane bath at home into a lavish spa-like experience. Together with co-founder and husband Benjamin, Lisa created scents that invoked their favorite childhood memories - Birthday Cake, Lavender Lullaby, Cucumber Melon. Find ME! Bath products online or in select apothecaries and high-end hotels and spas.


No comments:

Post a Comment